We’ve already covered what SEO is. Now let’s get to the juicy part: why SEO is important to your business? It may seem like a leap of faith, investing in an activity that can take 3-6 months (or longer) to make any discernible impact on your KPIs. However, this ‘leap of faith’, is a worthwhile, long-term investment. So, here are my top 9 reasons why SEO should be important to your business:
- SEO will bring in more traffic - If your website is well optimised for your audience's intent, then better information is being given to search engines to accurately display your site within search results. This will make sure your website appears for the most relevant search results, which should lead to more organic traffic to your website.
- SEO results in more leads - If you are getting more organic traffic and you have a website that is well-optimised for conversions (for instance, multiple ways to get in touch and a seamless user experience ) then it stands to reason that you’ll increase how many leads your website brings in.
- SEO reduces your costs - A good SEO strategy can reduce your overall marketing spend. How? Unlike other channels such as paid advertising which need continuous funding, organic SEO will bring a steady stream of visitors to your website at no additional cost, other than your time.
- SEO puts you in front of audiences who are actively seeking information - Other forms of marketing, such as social media can be great traffic drivers, but you never truly know if your audience is in the market for your product or services when they see your post.
With SEO, you’ll be included in your prospect’s search results at the exact moment that they’re looking for you. After all, they’re actively searching for information on your product or service, otherwise Google wouldn’t have deemed it fit to include you on their results' page. In short, your audience will be in a far better position to engage with you further through SEO since they’re actively seeking you out.
- SEO is a significant traffic source - Typically the majority of online traffic is driven by search engines, so it's a no-brainer that you would want to capitalise on this and prioritise your success on this channel.
- SEO can help improve your websites ‘authority’ - Having a higher authority indicates that your website is trustworthy, credible and relevant, which can help improve your website’s ranking positions (this is the position your listing is in on the search engine results page).
- SEO brings long-term benefits - SEO can have a noticeable impact within 3-6 months, but the impacts of carrying out a number of SEO improvements will have an impact that will last for years. Of course, the market changes; there may be new competitors or the way people search might change, but the work you do now for SEO will remain beneficial.
- SEO will prevent any fear of missing out (FOMO) - If you are not carrying out SEO, at any moment one or all of your competitors may start investing in it (if they aren’t already). You might have a better proposition, a better solution or better USPs, but none of this will matter. If you aren’t competing well in search results, then you are going to be losing out to your competition.
- SEO will help you grow - Here at FINALLY, we help businesses to grow and SEO can help with this by supporting your business goals. Through helping to improve your website authority, your site will be more visible which can drive more traffic, and generate more leads. This supports wider business goals such as increasing turnover, brand awareness, and your number of customers.
Want to work with a marketing agency who will truly get your business? Book a meeting with the FINALLY team today.